Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Aluminum Can Planters: A Tutorial

There is something you have to know about me: I AM CHEAP.
I hate spending money more than I hate doing the dishes. (unless it's money on crafting supplies or thrifting, there's always money for that!) But, I'm always trying to find a way to cut corners. Have you noticed how expensive planters are? C'MON! it's made out of plaster and painted, why is it that expensive? But I love flowers and happen to work at a place that has a kitchen. So I begged and pleaded with the dishwasher boys to save the industrial sized aluminum cans for me.

I brought them home and gave them a quick coat of spraypaint...


and drilled some holes in the bottom for drainage and then filled with rocks, dirt and plants.

I found these cute knives at a yard sale (20 of $3!!)

And wrote on them with a permanent marker to use as plant stakes!

It makes a very pretty presentation on my front porch steps.

Man, I love summer.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails